Mailer Daemon Error (Postmaster) in Hotmail and Outlook Accounts
If you see a lot of Mailer Daemon Error Postmaster in your inbox, and you don’t have any idea about those emails which have been sent out from your email then there is a possibility that your account has been hacked.
If this activity continues to happen then your account might get blocked because of the spamming trigger of Hotmail or Outlook Account soon.
Reason for Hotmail Mailer Daemon / Postmaster Error:
- Your device from which you log in to your Hotmail or Outlook account is hacked by someone with the help of some software and stole your password.
- You replied to a Phishing Email with your account information, now they have your account information and they can misuse your account for sending spam emails.
- You used a public computer to log in to your Hotmail or Outlook Account, which doesn’t have security on it or has low security on it.
- Other common reasons are Mailbox not found, Invalid mailbox, User unknown, Mailbox unavailable, Mailbox full or Quota exceeded, Host unknown, Domain lookup failed or Message too large.
How to Fix Postmaster Error?
- Check the email address on which you are sending the email, it is probably incorrect (Typo)
- Change your Password, Check the recent sign-in activity (If its not you who is sending the emails)
- Restrain yourself from clicking on any links or attachments that you get in an unknown email, especially the promotional emails or the alert emails (Like TV Licence is getting expired, or Amazon payment refund etc.)
If for some reason the problem still exists, even after following the above steps then you can also click on the Technician Help Form to contact us and one of our technicians will help you in fixing your email account.
If you think we have missed something feel free to comment down below and let us know. We would love to learn more.