How to Recover account using recovery code
As in the previous post, we have discussed how to create Microsoft | Outlook | Hotmail Account Recovery Code viz. the recovery code in this post we will see how to use it.
As mentioned in the previous post, recovery code is used when either you don’t have access to the active recovery options or your Microsoft account (aka Hotmail or Outlook) is hacked.
First, we will try to recover the account by following the below steps if that is not done successfully then we will proceed with the recovery code.
Steps to recover Microsoft Account
- Go to Recover your account and type in the email address, phone number, or Skype name you use to sign in. Then select Next.
- It will ask where you’d like to get your security code. Choose one of the alternate contact email addresses or phone numbers on this account. Then select Next.
- If you don’t recognize any of the contact methods listed, select the back arrow on your browser and make sure you have entered the correct username. Sometimes a misspelling can send you in the wrong direction.
- If there are no contact methods on the account that you can use, select I don’t have any of these and then skip ahead in this article to “Recover your Microsoft account if you can’t receive a verification code” below.
- Type the requested info to verify that it’s really your email address or phone number. Next, select Send code.
- Microsoft will send the security code to the alternate contact you chose. If you don’t see it, check your junk folder. If it’s not there, you can select Use a different verification option.
- Type the security code into Verify your identity, then select Next.
- Type your password into the New password box. Then confirm it by typing it again into the Reenter password.
If the problem is still not resolved after following the above steps then let’s use the recovery code.
To use the recovery code we have to follow the below-mentioned steps and we have to make sure we are on the same page by checking the images below. if your screen doesn’t look like the below images then there is something wrong check it again.
Step 1 : Open the login page for your account.
Step 2 : Type your email address and click on NEXT
Step 3: Now enter the password which is not working or simply click on Forgot password.
Step 4: If you can recognize the recovery information then click on it, else click on Show more verification methods.
Now on the next screen, it will show you all the recovery options. If you have them click on the respective recovery option else click on I don’t have any of these.
After click on I don’t have any of these, it will give you a screen to type in the 25 digit alphanumeric recovery code. using which you can recover your email account
Just enter the long code (Recover Code) and click on use recovery code, it will ask you to create a new password for your account and it will also give you a new recovery code.
Remember, one recovery code can be used only once, after using the code it will give you a new code please make a note of it.
If even after following these steps you are not able to unlock your email account then you can contact us by clicking on Technician Help Form