Microsoft has developed an app (Outlook) specifically for the Outlook.com email users for both iOS and Android platforms, on which you can use third-party email providers too.
Apple does provide an inbuilt app iOS ‘Mail’ to access emails which is quite reliable and stable when it comes to access emails.
In this article, we will see visual steps on how to set up an email on the iPad using the default mail application.
- Locate the Settings app on the screen, click on it to launch the app as shown below.
2. On the left panel scroll down and look for ‘Passwords & Accounts’.
3. Click on Passwords & Accounts, on the right panel you will get the option ‘Add Account‘ click on it as shown in the image below.
4. After clicking on ‘Add Account‘ on the right panel it will show you the email providers, select Outlook.com as shown in the image below.
5. Once you click on Outlook.com it will give you the login screen where you have to type in the email address and then press on next as shown in the image below.
6. On the next screen enter the password for your outlook or Hotmail email address that you want to set up on iPad and press on Sign in button, as shown in the image below.
7. Once you click on Sign in, you will get the option to sync Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and reminders.
If you want to sync the email data on your iPad like calendar events or reminders on your email or the notes saved on your email then turn the sync button on (green) else keep them off.
Make sure you keep the Mail as green, else it will not sync the emails and no new emails will land on your iPad.
After turning the options on or off make sure you press the save button on the top right corner else it will not save your preferences as shown in the image below.
Now you access your emails on the Mail application without any problems.
If for some reason after setting up the email it says ‘Action required‘ on the mail, then just press the option which says ‘Keep on using the Mail application‘.
Now everything will work absolutely smooth.
How to delete account on iPad
If for some reasons you want to delete the Outlook email or any other email account from your iPad then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Click on Account
- Delete Account > Delete from My iPad
Before you click on the ‘Delete from My iPad‘ button double-check the email address, if it is the same one you want to delete.
If you have, multiple emails linked to your iPad and if you delete the wrong email it could create a mess. Be careful
Mail days to sync on iPad
What is mail days to Sync
It is the number of days for which your iPad will store the email on it, after that it will remove the email from the iPad but they will still be available on the webmail which is Outlook.com web login.
The main reason for this option is to save the iPad’s memory. If we will store all the emails on it it will take a lot of space and might make the device sluggish.
To change the mail days to sync below are the steps:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts
- Click on Account
- Second last option is ‘Mail Days to Sync‘
The preferred time frame is either 2 weeks or 1 Month.
If you select a lower time frame then you have to download the emails every now and then.
And if you select the No Limit option then it will download all the emails on your iPad which will consume a lot of space.
If you want to permanently Delete Hotmail Account then follow the steps mentioned in the blog.